Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pretty Feet

The kids woke at just after 6 this morning and although we were hungry by 7, I don't think the kitchen staff were quite as eager to see us - what was I saying about how great it is to travel with kids?! I kept them occupied until Don finished work and then we went into town for lunch. I found the Karma Cafe, a vegan place Don had read about online. The food was good, but Don had a bit of an issue with bad translation. He ordered "Melon Juice" from the menu and was brought cucumber juice. Don HATES cucumbers! This pretty drink only decorated our table!

On our way back from lunch with our new modes of transport that we LOVE.

During naptime I went to get a pedicure and foot massage. Once I sat down and looked around I was panicked thinking, should I have checked out the place first? are those tools clean? is it ok? There was an old woman getting her hair washed and blow dried, and although the ladies seemed nice they didn't speak but 10 words in English. Turned out you don't need fancy pictures on the wall to make pretty toes :) And after my pedicure one of the woman brought me up some steep stairs to an air conditioned room with music playing for my foot massage. I smiled as the first song playing was 'Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps' - the song Don and I danced to for our ballroom class final! My foot/leg massage was over and seemed to include a head massage and shoulders too. Although it was wonderful I was skeptical after my experiences yesterday. How much was she going to charge? $11! I paid $14 and the woman tried to give money back. Love it!


Budget:
Accommodation - $92
Food - $37
Extras (massage and laundry) - $17

No comments:

Post a Comment