Monday, January 16, 2012

Zero Day?

We try and incorporate zero days - or lazy days where we don't do much - into our schedule. The kids are up for new big activities every other or every third day. Makoa had so much fun at the bird park yesterday he talked to me until 9pm about the bird park that he wanted to open "the one we went to was the best in Malaysia, but mine will be the best in Australia" and after I left for a moment and came back "you know what I was thinking about? My penguin area (there wasn't one in the KL Bird Park) and I will have clothes for people to put on before they go in because it is cold . . . " Despite staying up he woke at just after 6am so we were in for a bit of a tiring day anyway.

Anita came with noodles for Don and I, and more sweet roti for the kids.

Our quiet day though led to some errands that needed to be run and we had to get SIM cards for our phones so that we could separate but still be in contact. So, off to the shops. It was hot and Makoa wasn't too excited about walking around in the city, although Don and I loved it. Phones working, a few juices and treats later, a new swimming ring to replace the one that broke on Friday, and we were back home.

Makoa changed into his swimming costume the minute we got home and we spent the next 3.5 hours at the pool. I have forgotten how long kids can hang out in water and how exhausting it can be! Our zero day wasn't supposed to wear us out, oops!

Budget:
Accommodation - $78
Food - $31
Extras - $15 for swimming toy and to set up phones

No comments:

Post a Comment