Friday, January 13, 2012

MEL-KUL

1:30am on shuttle to airport, oh my goodness. The kids were wonderful despite their zombie likeness from waking after only a few hours of sleep. They were awesome travelers, playing and then when mommy said it was naptime they both went right to sleep. Makoa had a harder time getting comfy though so didn't get as much rest as Tasi.
We arrived at the Kuala Lumpur Airport all in one piece with all of our luggage and the taxi I arranged was there waiting for us. We got in though and Don checked his pockets . . . no wallet. This is not the first time Don has lost something of value on a trip, but just not exactly the way we had planned to start this trip. The driver called the owners of the guesthouse we were staying and they were so amazingly wonderful. They brought us to the room, gave the kids food, and then allowed me to call the airline (with no luck) and all of our banks before even checking in. Three hours later I was back in the office with one owner providing me over 1.5 hours of information on where to bring the kids and how, and where the best restaurants are.

We then took the kids to the rooftop pool, and quickly went to check out the neighbourhood. We made it one block down the road before the rain started. 2 blocks later we thought we could wait it out a bit by the grocery store. We ate a snack out front as it poured and poured and poured. In a boring spot though so we ran to the IT mall and looked at cameras and gadgets. Makoa was getting sleepy so I was carrying him. We made it to the food court for some vegetarian buffet dinner. I sat Koa in a chair and when I turned around he was fast asleep (or he told me "I was just resting" when I asked him how his nap was!)



We made it home, stopping to get more cash to pay for our room (luckily I have 2 cards that still work), and quickly dried off, showered, into bed and fast asleep.

BUDGET:
Accommodation - $78
Travel - $1200 flights $45 taxi
Food - $20
Extras - $5 for enough umbrellas for 3 of us to stay dry. Guess who didn't get one and had to push the stroller?!

No comments:

Post a Comment