Thursday, November 29, 2012

Alone in Paris

I am sitting in an 'American' restaurant about to taste my bagel that doesn't look very American. It is a vegetarian concoction named after The Jets. There is American music playing, Dr Pepper and donuts :)

We had a rough night. Tas woke a few times scared when she wasn't with me so at midnight we all took a shower. I laid with them til 2 then went to my own bed. At 4 I heard a familiar sound, only this time it was Makoa sick. Don when to him and he got sick a few more times. I didn't wake til 11 and am just so tired, crossing my fingers I am not next.

I am on a walk around town after washing some yucky bedding and getting Koa to sleep. Everything here is so . . . French! I was excited about getting out in this city. Everyone in their black coats and boots, it is all so stylish even the tweens sitting at the table next to me.

It feels a bit lonely though walking around today. Maybe I have been stuck to the kids, but without them I feel I am missing something. Although it is so nice to sit here in the quiet and not have to rush, I did miss having someone to talk to. Also, there isn't much in English in my neighborhood so it is hard to see what is edible :) I wanted a coffee and a sandwich and find myself having a Dr Pepper and bagel!!

I just found under my rocket salad covered with coleslaw there are potato chips - hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.
    http://minebrowse.com/

    ReplyDelete