Monday, March 26, 2012

First Week in Sydney

Has it really been a week? And we only have a week left? Oh my goodness, where has time gone?! This week has been so much less stressful than I imagined, and I am putting off my sad goodbyes for as long as possible, so we will see what the next week has in store.

We are staying on the 41st floor at the Meriton on Kent St (the building in the middle).
 
A fantastic location downtown in a spacious 2 bedroom - thank you work trip. It is wonderful and fun to be staying right downtown but does make it feel like we are on holiday not coming home. I feel a bit country-less right now. When asked "where are you from?" what should I say? I live in Sydney, but haven't been there for 3 months and am transitioning out, I am from the US but haven't lived there in 5 years and haven't even visited in 1.5. It is a bit bizarre, but we are enjoying the comfort of Sydney and the ease of travelling around a country that we know so well.

This week has been a bit of the usual - Don is back at the office and I am doing my own laundry and cooking. But we have also managed to get out and do some fun things to keep it like we are on holidays.

We we have caught up with friends.

Makoa and I spent a night at the hospital for sleep study #2 (nothing like cramming in final doctor visits).

The kids have been super cute together. Makoa was wearing my jumper so Tasi wanted one too (she is wearing his) and then she got all silly, hugging and giggling with her brother.

We went to the first AFL game of the season to watch the Sydney Swans beat the new GWS Giants. Everyone in the stadium cheered for their first goal EVER!


We have explored our new neighborhood.
 
 Played toy battles in the hotel.

Gone to dinner (couldn't really be expected to make every meal after 3 months off!) I was impressed with how well my kids have gotten used to going out to restaurants. I was taking this photo of a little bit of Chico on the menu :)

And when I looked up Tas was playing a game with the silverware and Makoa's toys were doing this.

The kids have missed having Don around ALL the time so while we waited for food Tasi squeezed in some extra Daddy cuddles.

And today I took the kids to the Powerhouse Museum.

Wow, look at those excited face :) They were actually watching The Wiggles in the new exhibit and I tried to get them to look up without much luck!

We spent most of our time in the Wiggles area - all of the characters were there, along with some videos and games.

 
Did I mention the videos?!
 
Things have gone surprisingly calm and wonderful this week, so I am hoping for the same this week. Although it is freaking me out just a bit writing that there is only 1 more week before we will be in the US, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I mean yay!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I remember you laughing at my "I'm moving from Brazil to Peru" answer to the "where are you visiting from?" question when I was there.

    ReplyDelete